(SOLON, Ohio) March 7, 2007 We know vegetables are a crucial part of a balanced diet but most of us are not eating as many as we should. A recent USDA study1 shows that, on average, less than half of all Americans consume the recommended daily amount of fruits and vegetables. So, exactly how much is enough? According to the USDA’s MyPyramid guidelines, Americans should eat two and a half cups of vegetables each day2 .
To help make eating your vegetables easier and more delicious the chefs at LEAN CUISINE® have expanded the menu in the popular SPA CUISINE™ line by offering five new entrées that offer twice as many vegetables as our average entrées.3 These spa-inspired meals balance great taste with great nutrition and serve up contemporary ingredients and flavors. Straight from the freezer to your microwave and ready in just minutes, the new SPA CUISINE&trade entrées provide a convenient and enjoyable way to increase daily servings of vegetables. Each delicious meal contains 350 calories or less, two to six grams of fiber, and are filled with two servings of flavorful vegetables.
"At LEAN CUISINE®, we know it’s important to give people meal options that not only taste good, but also help contribute to a healthy lifestyle," said Brett White, Director of Marketing for LEAN CUISINE®. "The new SPA CUISINE™ entrées offer vegetables that you normally don’t find in frozen entrées like edamame, cherry tomatoes and butternut squash."
SPA CUISINE™ offers five new entrées that are filled with great-tasting vegetables and unique, savory sauces:
- Sesame Stir Fry Chicken offers a combination of broccoli, edamame, red peppers and shoestring carrots with white meat chicken and whole wheat vermicelli in an Asian-style sesame sauce.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli features tender homemade ravioli filled with butternut squash and covered in a creamy sauce with walnuts, snap peas, orange and yellow carrots and red peppers.
- Ginger Garlic Chicken Stir Fry with Chicken pairs a mixture of snap peas, red peppers, broccoli and shoestring carrots with white meat chicken and whole grain rice in a ginger garlic sauce.
- Grilled Chicken Primavera combines handpicked asparagus, broccoli and cherry tomatoes with grilled chicken and whole wheat vermicelli in a creamy garlic sauce.
- Hunan Stir Fry with Beef features a mixture of broccoli, red peppers and edamame with tender steak tips and whole grain rice in a flavorful Asian-style sauce.
The new SPA CUISINE™ entrées have a suggested retail price of $3.19 and will be available nationwide in the grocery freezer section beginning in February 2007.
The LEAN CUISINE® SPA CUISINE™ line has received national accolades for its innovative meals and modern flavor combinations. When the SPA CUISINE™ line launched in 2005, the Lemongrass Chicken entrée was named by Health magazine the "Best Frozen Light Entrée."
Visit LeanCuisine.com for more information on SPA CUISINE™ and to utilize the LEAN CUISINE® wellness resources such as a personal nutrition assessment, personalized meal recommendations, recipe ideas and more.
- USDA Study. 1994/96 Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals.
- Based on a 2,000 calorie-intake diet; USDA Dietary Guideline for Americans, 2005.
- Average excludes DINNERTIME SELECTS™ varieties.